iCal Importer no longer supported?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer no longer supported?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stonewallcolumbus
    Participant

Hi,

We purchased the iCal Importer at the end of September and gearing up right now to set up iCal importer for Google Calendars.

Now I see it is no longer supported and replaced with the Events Aggregator. It indicates licenses will be given to iCal Importer holders, I am not seeing this in the downloads area of my account.

Regards,

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello stonewallcolumbus,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! And thanks for reaching out with your question.

We have introduced Event Aggregator a bit earlier this year and in the long run it is going to replace iCal importer. We believe it is a much more robust solution with more options that iCal importer. It offers the same features and more.

If you would like you can still use iCal importer if you want to, and we are still providing support for it for an interim period. In the long run though it will definitely make sense to switch over to Event Aggregator.

Event Aggregator is not a separate plugin, you will not find it in your downloads. It is baked into The Events Calendar plugin and you can find it under Events > Import.

To unlock the full functionality of Event Aggregator you will need to enter your license key under Events > Settings > Licenses.

And since you are a proud owner of iCal importer 🙂 you have been granted a free Event Aggregator license for the same time period, which you can find in your account under License Keys.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Let me know if you have any questions.

If you encounter any issues, I kindly ask you to open a new thread so we can keep things clean. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer no longer supported?’ is closed to new replies.