ical importer imports incorrectly; need help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ical importer imports incorrectly; need help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

I run the website for a private high school. I’ve tried for over year, mostly unsuccessfully, to get ical importer to work with a very specific source. I need help before I abandon ship. This is a feed from one of the calendars I import: webcal://www.mnriverconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?cwellOnly=1&G5statusflag=view&school_id=2&G5button=13&G5genie=28&vw_schoolyear=1&vw_agl=1820-2-1711,&school_name_ical=Mayer%20Lutheran%20High%20School&typeAttachment=ical&emailTo=download&download=Download

ical importer imports the information but incorrectly. For example times are listed as 12am. It adds “(Home)” to every event as well as an extra “vs”. My questions is whether I can fix this or if ical importer just won’t work with this source. For reference, I use this same url feed to subscribe to events in a personal calendar. The events display the correct time, however, some of the feeds (there are many) DO display the extra words (Home and vs.)

Wondering if someone could test this feed to see if it is universal or if there is anything that can be done. The website for the source is http://www.mnriverconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=28&school_id=2 (run by rSchools today). The website I run is http://www.mayerlutheran.org.

Currently I have deleted the feeds for the Fall sports because they were displaying incorrectly and reimported them as static CSV files. I badly need to sync the calendar because these activities frequently get updated. Thank you in advance.

Nico

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear this is an ongoing problem 🙁

There’s a known bug with iCal importer 4.2.4 (the version you have installed) affecting the event start time. I’m guess this might be affecting your calendar as well.

Do you have a staging / development / local site in which you can try to import the feed with iCal importer version 4.2.3? Read about more about Downgrading a plugin to a past version.

Regarding the ‘Home’ and ‘vs’ string getting added to the event content, that doesn’t seem like something I’m aware of or seen before. Do you have any other feed that has this words in the event title?

One last thing before I actually import the feed, Do you know the timezone of the events in the feed?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘ical importer imports incorrectly; need help’ is closed to new replies.