iCal Importer duplicating events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer duplicating events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Coppola
    Participant

I have been following the other thread on this and even with v4.0.4 all of the events get duplicated everytime the importer runs. I cannot seem to figure out how to get this fixed.

Please advise.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Would you mind sending a link to the calendar or .ics file that you’re trying to import so we can test on the same file. Also, would you mind taking a screenshot of the settings that you’re using when importing?

Thanks!

Joseph Coppola
    Participant

Here is the ICS link

https://api.veracross.com/grymes/v1/athletics.ics

Screen cap

Joseph Coppola
    Participant

Any update on this? There seems to be lots of posts about duplicating events and no resolution. EVen this topic hasnt been updated in almost a week.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Joe,

I apologize for the delay here. I had a family emergency last week and had to take a few days off.

Thanks for following up and providing this additional information. I’ve added the information to my local install and have completed the initial import and the events imported as expected.

I also manually triggered the cron job that allows for the recurring import to work. The events didn’t reimport or get duplicated when manually triggering the action.

I’ve left it open and will wait for the next import to runĀ on it’s own to see if they import that way.

Thanks!

Joseph Coppola
    Participant

Ok. I have tried this numerous times… I deleted all the events from the calendar… and now when I try to re-import the events its not bringing in ANY events.

Even if I do a one-time import and click SEARCH it says “Your search returned no results. Please adjust your search.”

Josh
    Participant

Hey fxdesigns,

This is actually associated with a known bug. The issue here is that when an imported event is deleted, it doesn’t get completely deleted from the database but transitioned to an event within the “deleted_event” post type. The best thing here is to delete the events under that post type from your database. Do you happen to have phpMyAdmin access? This would be the simplest way to delete those events.

To prevent this from happening again, you can add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

/*
     * Prevents iCal importer from saving a copy of "deleted" events
     * This means when you rerun an import, it will reimport any events you previously deleted
     */
    function tribe_ical_dont_save_deleted () {
    	$ical_importer = Tribe__Events__Ical_Importer__Main::instance();
    	remove_action( 'before_delete_post', array( $ical_importer, 'deletedEventSave' ) );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_loaded', 'tribe_ical_dont_save_deleted' );

Let me know if this helps.
    Thanks!

Joseph Coppola
    Participant

Actually I have deleted the events using a SQL command… however it does seem to work now that I optimized the DB

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Awesome! I’m glad you were able to get that issue resolved and importing the iCal there again.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer duplicating events’ is closed to new replies.