ical-importer

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions ical-importer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Geir Tore Skullestad

Hello.

When you use the ical-importer, can you set the category to a default value when you import from one calendar? Say that costumer 1 has only culture as a category in his calendar, and I’m going to use the filter plugin on the main calendar. Can you add this category automatically to this import? Another custumer could have sports as a category. Then I must set “Sport” as a category on this import.

Caroline

Hi there!

That’s a great question! This is absolutely doable–when performing a one-time import with iCal Importer, you’ll see options for “Import Status” and “Category” below the imported list of events once they’ve been processed. Simply select the events you’d like to bring in, choose the appropriate options for status and category below, and you’re good to go!

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/running-a-one-time-import-with-the-ical-importer/

I hope that helps! Thanks, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Geir Tore Skullestad

Thanks again for your answer.

You say that this is possible for one-time import. Does that mean that it is not possible for recurrent imports?

Caroline

Hi again!

Sorry for the confusion! The same setting is available for recurring imports, happily–if you’re importing from an iCal URL that only lists events for a specific category, the process will be much the same. You can read more about that one here!

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/running-a-saved-recurring-import-with-the-ical-importer/

Hopefully one or both of these processes will have your categorizing needs covered! 🙂 Thanks, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ical-importer’ is closed to new replies.