iCal import not displaying correct time (adding 8 hours)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal import not displaying correct time (adding 8 hours)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Randall Owczarzak
    Participant

I’ve seen several threads on this issue, but can’t find the one that most closely resembled this issue.

Both the Events Calendar and the iCal plugin are up to date (4.0.1).

The settings for the Google Calendar, WordPress install, and the plugin are set to correct time zone (Pacific UTC-8:00).

Here is the link for the Google Calendar:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/tsoto8q8r8rfprmm74t5nmiuv4%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Here is the link for the Events page:
    https://www.alamedanaturalgrocery.com/events/

I tried importing as an .ics as well, but that didn’t resolve the issue.

I also tried toggling the plugin’s settings to use “local time zone” and “site wide time zone” but both displayed the same.

Geoff

Hey there,

Sorry for the trouble! This was something that was definitely an issue in 4.0 but I thought we had released a fix for it in 4.0.1. I see you are running 4.0.1 though, so that’s no good.

Will you please try the following and replace the contents of this file:

plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/iCal.php

…with this:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/d3b3b650ef36c9998635/dafac2da9bfe7e1a7bfd262dffbd71630de3d98c

That fixed the for others using 4.0. Let’s see if it does the trick here as well.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Randall Owczarzak
    Participant

Hi, Geoff.

Thanks for getting back and for the file.

I went into the specified plugin folder via ftp, and noticed that the ical.php file wasn’t in there to replace. I added the file you sent, re-imported the iCal but the dates remain wrong.

Are there any other steps to refresh the feed, or other actions to take?

Thanks,
    Tully

Geoff

I’m afraid that’s the best workaround for now and I’m sorry that didn’t work out.

I dud just check into the ticket for that issue and see that it should be going out in the next release. Fingers crossed, but that should be before the end of the week, barring any catastrophes.

I’ll mark this thread Pending Fix in the meantime and will follow up when I have a new status on that ticket.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there,

Great news–we have a fix for this issue ready and it will be shipping today in version 4.0.2. Please keep your eyes peeled for the update and let us know if any other issues pop-up in a new thread and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal import not displaying correct time (adding 8 hours)’ is closed to new replies.