iCal import just spins and doesn’t import

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal import just spins and doesn’t import

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

I updated the legacy iCal Importer to the new version and added the Event Aggregator license key, but, now, it now longer imports. It just spins and spins, staying at 0%.

Samuel
    Participant

Furthermore, when I try to preview the calendar as a new import, it returns with “The URL provided did not have events in the proper format.”

Cliff

Hi Samuel.

Could you please provide me the iCal URL you’re having issues with?

Samuel
    Participant
    Samuel
    Participant

Also, the scheduled import is still spinning at 0%. Is there a way to clear it?

Cliff

Samuel, I had one of our developers take a look and sure enough we logged this bug:

I’m not sure why, but sometimes Google Calendar responds with iCal data but excludes the BEGIN:VCALENDAR line. When that line is missing, the entire file gets skipped. If END:VCALENDAR is detected, let’s auto-insert BEGIN:VCALENDAR at the top of the file.

Thanks a lot for helping us discover (and hopefully soon fix) this issue.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cliff

Samuel, a developer let me know Event Aggregator service has been updated to implement the fix and your Gcal URL should work now.

Please test and let me know.

Thanks!

Samuel
    Participant

Thanks, Cliff. It seems to work as it should now.

Cliff

I’m very glad to hear that.

Thanks for letting us know!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal import just spins and doesn’t import’ is closed to new replies.