ical import duplicates import fields at the beginning of description

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator ical import duplicates import fields at the beginning of description

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Diane
    Participant

I am using EA pretty successfully, but am having an issue with a calendar that I import.

The ical feed is: http://www.trumba.com/calendars/fladventurecoast.ics

The events that come in from this feed show the fields that should populate into my TEC Pro fields, e.g. category, cost, contact, phone, website as the beginning of the event’s description. An example is: https://naturecoaster.com/event/children-wild-bunny-rabbits/

Event Type: Family,Outdoors
    Cost: Free; pre-registration is required
    Contact Name: Gina
    Contact Email: [email protected]
    Contact Phone: 352-754-6722
    Link: http://www.MyFWC.com/Chinsegut

This time of year bunnies are on most kids’ minds — at least the bunny that brings goodies in a basket. Bunny rabbits are on the minds at Chinsegut too. Children ages 5 to 9 are invited to learn about the different rabbits that call the Chinsegut Conservation Center area home. The program includes a story time, crafts and an activity.

The ical import does put these the website in its correct place, as well as the date and time, but it doesn’t set up categories, populate cost and organizer info.

How can I get the import to put the proper info in the proper places and not in the description?

Additionally, the venues import with their addresses as part of the venue name and therefore do use the venues that are in my calendar (with their maps, etc.).

I end up having to edit each event before publishing it, which is time consuming and frustrating. Please help!

Diane

Cliff

Hi, Diane.

The way I understood your question didn’t align with the topic’s title, so please let me know if I missed a critical piece of your question(s)…

That said, here are the answers to your questions:

1)

I imported a single event from that iCal URL and that event’s category did import for me:

2)

Yes, this is the way the Venues import at this time due to a bug with the “Preserve the most recent change” setting not working.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

===

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Diane
    Participant

Cliff, while you may have responded to the first part of my question – that being that the plugin puts information that belongs in multiple fields as part of the description field – I don’t think you addressed the topic of my question – and the second part of my post: The venue that is imported by AE does not separate the venue name from its address when adding the event to my calendar. Therefore, an event that is at Venue A imports with a new venue name such as Venue A, 123 Main Street, Anytown, MA 12345. What I need to happen is for the events that are at Venue A to utilize Venue A from my list of venues that are in my AE. Please address the venue issue.

Cliff

Diane, such functionality is not available. Future imports can recognize a previously-imported Venue but do not match a pre-existing / manually-created one.

You could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new Feature Release 4.5 of The Events Calendar is out, which includes a fix for the “Preserve the most recent change” setting not working. 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-5/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.
    Best,
    Victor.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘ical import duplicates import fields at the beginning of description’ is closed to new replies.