iCal import attachments and map–PRO and Aggregator

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal import attachments and map–PRO and Aggregator

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carlos
    Participant

I was hoping that the aggregator and pro version would work together in importing data from google calendar such as attachment and location URL.

It is great that the location is populated but was hoping to have a map for each section generated based on this information. not to mention the event attachment being set as a featured image.

Is there anyway to work with Google Calendar “Event Colors” to map them to categories? That would be amazingly helpful.

Geoff

Hey Carlos,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yeah, it would be really awesome if Event Aggregator could pull in a Google Calendar attachment, like a featured image. At the moment, however, there are no fields in the Google Calendar export file that we can use to map the attachment to the featured image during import, which is why it doesn’t do that. You can bet that we’d be interested in doing that otherwise!

You can map events to categories on import. From there, you might want to check out the Category Colors plugin — that would allow you to add colors to event categories, which would apply to imported events as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Carlos
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,
    I was afraid I was missing something with the attachments.

Thank you for directing me to the addon, is there something similar for grabbing the location and building out a google map?

Carlos
    Participant

Geoff,

I just looked through the Cat.Colors plugin. Not exactly what I was hoping for. In google calendar users have the ability to assign a “color” the an event. Is this information collected and can it be used on import?

We are importing a LOT of events and we already use the “Event Color” option in Google cal. to distinguish these events (Purple for events in Texas, Red for events in Colorado…etc., etc.)

Geoff

Hey Carlos, thanks for following up!

Ah man, sorry to hear Category Colors won’t do the trick — I was really hoping it would.

I’m afraid that’s the closest we can get to pulling in Google Calendar’s category colors. In other words, there is no data in import that is telling us what category or color to assign to an event, but we can select a default category to use on import and use the Category Colors plugin to assign colors to those defaults.

Sorry for the bad news — did you have any other questions about category imports I can help answer? Let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal import attachments and map–PRO and Aggregator’ is closed to new replies.