iCal Feed-Need more than 30 events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal Feed-Need more than 30 events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john mccurdy
    Participant

The iCal feed only returns 30 events. Is it possible to modify the iCAL feed to return many more events? iCal feed also does not include organizers or venues. Can we add these to the iCal feed?

Patricia

Hey John,

Thank you for reaching out to us! You can modify the number of upcoming events the iCal feed should export by adding the following function to a custom plugin or to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'tribe_ical_feed_posts_per_page', 'custom_number_of_events_in_feed' );

function custom_number_of_events_in_feed( $count ) {
    $count = 10;
    return $count;
    }

Answering your second question: the location is added in the iCal export file, but not the title of the venue. You can look for filters to modify the iCal feed and add the venue name + organizers in:

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/iCal.php

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

john mccurdy
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback.

Is it possible to keep the iCal feed from returning certain categories? I would like to see the feed ignore the movie category and return the other 5 categories.

Is it possible to do similar things with the RSS feed? Where would the file be located for making these changes to the RSS feed? This is the feed that I need to modify: https://www.carrolltonalive.com/events/feed/
    I want to only return certain categories.

Patricia

Hi John,

It’s certainly possible, but remains something that we do not support “out of the box”: some amount of custom dev work would be required to make this happen.

Regarding your question about the RSS feed, we have an article explaining how to customize it:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/customize-rss-feed/

This article has some snippets & hooks that you can use to get started with this customization. The function that gets the Feed items from The Events Calendar Blog is on the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Admin/Help_Page.php line 337

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Feed-Need more than 30 events’ is closed to new replies.