ical export options

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ical export options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Cooper
    Participant

Hi, using Events Calendar PRO is it possible to configure the ical export file to include extra data like venu, website address, event date and time, and organiser? I want those details to show up in the user’s calendar (like Outlook) when they export and import the ical file.

Cliff

Hi, Dylan. You could use the tribe_ical_feed_item filter:

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Dylan Cooper
    Participant

Thanks for that. So that will insert details/data from event posts into the ical file?

Cliff

That hook is available to edit each event within an iCal file. For example, you want to replace the word “hi” with “bye” in every event. Or add something to every event.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your own developer or reference our Customizations Documentation, which includes a link to Hire A Freelancer.

Dylan Cooper
    Participant

Thanks for that information. One other question – is it possible to add data from custom ‘additional fields’ into the ical feed?

Cliff

Yes. That’s a great use case for using this hook.

Here’s one of the code snippets from the gist search link I shared in my initial reply that might do something very similar to what you’re wanting:

https://gist.github.com/afragen/2599350

Note that it’s it’s from 6 years ago and is using a now-deprecated function; tribe_get_custom_fields() should be used instead.

I shared it, though, because it shows that iCalendar specifications need to be accounted for in some situations. Please reference those here: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘ical export options’ is closed to new replies.