iCal Can’t Read this Calendar File

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO iCal Can’t Read this Calendar File

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    threecedars
    Participant

I’m getting this error when I download using the ical download button. “Calendar can’t read this calendar file. No events have been added to your calendar.” It was happening before and continues now that I’ve updated to the latest plug-in. How can I make it work?

Barry

Hi threecedars.

When I view the resulting .ics file I can see that it is being modified by WP Super Cache which is appending an HTML comment to the bottom of the file. Of course, it isn’t an HTML file at all and that is quite likely to be causing this problem.

With that in mind, can you try removing WP Super Cache (follow the vendor’s advice on doing so closely, as merely deactivating it does not always guarantee its effects will cease) and see if that remedies the issue?

Thanks!

threecedars
    Participant

I fixed it by going into the WP Super Cache settings and putting the string /calendar/ in the do not cache field, then deleted the cache and now it works. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Kelly
    Participant

That’s great news, threecedars. Excellent work troubleshooting!

Since you’re set, I’ll close this thread. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Can’t Read this Calendar File’ is closed to new replies.