iCal all day event resetting date

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal all day event resetting date

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave Meyer
    Participant

When I import from another eventscalendar site using the ical importer it changes every “all day” event to an event date of January 1, 1970. I assume this is a default date if one is not available.

George
    Participant

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear this!

Can you clarify these details:

Site A
    1. What version of The Events Calendar is active on this site?
    2. What version of Events Calendar Pro is active on this site?
    3. What version of iCal Importer is active on this site?
    4. What version of WordPress is this site running?

Site B
    1. What version of The Events Calendar is active on this site?
    2. What version of Events Calendar Pro is active on this site?
    3. What version of iCal Importer is active on this site?
    4. What version of WordPress is this site running?

Just a starting point so we can investigate the bug a bit more closely. Thank you!

— George

Dave Meyer
    Participant

Originatiing site
    1. Events Calendar 3.10
    2. Events Calendar Pro 3.10
    3. iCal Importer none: url to ICS file = http://virtualofficenters.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=month
    4. WordPress 4.2.4

Importing site
    1. Events Calendar 3.10
    2. Events Calendar Pro 3.10
    3. iCal Importer 3.11
    4. WordPress 4.2.4

On import, the Start Date and End Date of every event is set to January 1, 1970, regardless how we set the import type (one-time, recurring…).

George
    Participant

Hey Dave,

Thanks for these details! Before further troubleshooting, can you please update both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro on both sites to 3.11, so that their version numbers are in sync with version 3.11 of the iCal Importer plugin?

After updating, try reproducing this error and let us know what you find.

Thank you for your patience here!

— George

Dave Meyer
    Participant

We have updated the plugins on both sites and it is still causing issues. Now I am not even able to import a ics file from the source Events Calendar Pro site into the ical importer.

Geoff

Hi Dave,

George is out today so I wanted to follow up with you in the meantime. 🙂

Sorry for the trouble here! I was able to import your events using the URL you provided and all the correct dates were included on my site (screenshot).

My test site is using the default WordPress Twenty Fifteen theme and only The Events Calendar and iCal Importer installed. I wonder…is there something installed on the site you are importing into that would prevent the events from being properly dated? That’s the only reason I can think of off the bat since that would be the only difference between our two sites.

I do see you have already tried:

Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    Switched to a default theme? Yes

Are you able to give that another try now that you have the latest versions of the plugins installed? Also, be sure to deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO, Community Events, iCal Importer and Eventbrite Tickets. It would also be great to test with the Twenty Fifteen theme since that is what I was using as well.

If you still see the issue in these conditions, it would be great if you could stop there and let us know so we can see the site as it is. It would also be great if you could provide us with your system information (under Events > Settings > Help) in a private reply as well.

You are totally free to try these things on a test site if you would prefer so there is no interruption to your exiting site.

Let’s see what we find from there–thanks for your help!

Geoff

George
    Participant

Hey Dave, just wanted to drop a note to confirm that I’m back in town and that I’m still handling your thread here – thank you for covering for me Geoff!

Dave – Geoff’s advice and recommendations are spot-on here. Definitely read through his reply and work through the things he describes, and address the questions he raises. That will give us a great basis for further troubleshooting here.

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal all day event resetting date’ is closed to new replies.