iCal aggregation importing events with wrong time

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal aggregation importing events with wrong time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Luke
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to import all the iCal feeds on the following link (http://citrusheights.net/iCalendar.aspx) and the event data all imported correctly except for all the events showing up as like 2 a.m. instead of the correct time. Can you let me know what’s going on? This is pretty essential and is one of the reasons I chose The Events Calendar, due to its aggregation feature.

My calendar is posted here, but I have deleted all the iCal events with wrong times: https://citrusheightssentinel.com/events/

Barry

Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear you’ve bumped up against some difficulties.

This is actually a known issue and one we hope to resolve as quickly as we can. In the meantime, you may find this plugin useful:

«Plugin zip containing temporary workaround»

This should ensure events that are shared using UTC time in source feeds like the ones you linked to are converted to your local WordPress site’s timezone. Some notes:

• It can be uploaded via the plugin admin screen then activated as normal
    • If at all possible, please visit Settings → General and select a valid geographic timezone (something like America/Chicago, for example, is preferred over a GMT offset)
    • Your import settings will need to allow for existing events to be overwritten for this to take effect with any events that are already in your database

This won’t work in all cases, but it’s certainly worth a try while we wait on the release of a substantive fix. Let me know how you get on 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that there’s been an update to our Event Aggregator service which includes a fix for this issue.

There’s no need to update any plugins to make this work, as it works from our side. Just use the Event Aggregator service as you’d normally do.

Please let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal aggregation importing events with wrong time’ is closed to new replies.