I would prefer the tooltip to appear on click, not on hover

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I would prefer the tooltip to appear on click, not on hover

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shannon
    Participant

I have looked through the settings, and don’t see this option anywhere. When in calendar view, it’s very annoying because you can’t move your mouse around without tooltips (events) popping up constantly. Also, when you hover over one of the first events on a day in the calendar, it covers up the ones below it. I understand why of course – I just would rather have an on-click action rather than on hover. Is this possible? In such case the link to the event’s page would need to be in the tooltip and/or the tooltip’s (event) title.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Shannon.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Shannon!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

There is no built-in option to disable the tooltips in Month view. However, you accomplish that with some custom coding.

Nico shared a snippet inĀ https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tooltip-on-click-2/#dl_post-1141663 to accomplish that. I haven’t tried it myself and seems a bit outdated, so I’d suggest you try it out in a dev/staging site first, but should be a good starting point to accomplish the customization.

Hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘I would prefer the tooltip to appear on click, not on hover’ is closed to new replies.