I want the actual publication date in RSS, not the event date. How can I revert?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I want the actual publication date in RSS, not the event date. How can I revert?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

While I realize the need that many have for the WP RSS feed to order events by date, I would like to revert back to how it was in TEC 3.5

I have an RSS feed that powers a daily newsletter through a MailChimp RSS campaign. That campaign determines what items are new and due to be sent on a particular day partly based on <pubdate>.

Before the upgrade, it worked great. MailChimp would only send our 1-2 new events for the day. Now with the new date being the event date, MailChimp keeps resending events in our newsletter

Hi Keven,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. We have a post that our team created on how to modify the rss feeds and I think it will help resolve your problem.

https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-add-events-to-your-rss-feed/ 

Please take a look and let me know if it helps you revert to including the publication date. In the mean time I will pull a difference of our 3.5 / 3.6 code and send it your way to further help you out.

– Matthew

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks Matthew, but the post you reference appears to be outdated for 3.6.

There is a function in tribe-templates.class.php called event_date_to_pubDate that changes the pubDate in RSS feeds.

I was able to comment out the function. How can I achieve this without modifying my plugin files?

Hi Kevin:

Thanks for finding the function responsible for performing the modification. I had a query out to the developer that had made the changes but they’ve been out on vacation. Taking a look at the code we add the function through a filter.

add_filter( ‘get_post_time’, array(__CLASS__, ‘event_date_to_pubDate’), 10 , 3 );

As such you should be able to remove the filter using remove_filter. There are some nuances to removing filters explained in the WordPress Codex that may need to be explored but the call should be similar to:

remove_filter( ‘get_post_time’, array(‘TribeEventsTemplates’, ‘event_date_to_pubDate’), 10 );

You can place this link in your theme’s functions.php file as the theme functions file loads after the plugins.

Please let me know if this works for you.
    – Matthew

Hi, I wanted to quickly follow-up with you to see if you are all set. Please let me know if you do have additional questions I can assist with or if I should go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you,

– Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I want the actual publication date in RSS, not the event date. How can I revert?’ is closed to new replies.