I need to customize the event page.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus I need to customize the event page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

Hi guys,

I want to customize the event page in order to be more sales oriented. As far as I can see I have 2 options:
    1. Change the event php page
    2. use an event details shortcode and drop it in a regular page.

I’m actually interested only in the tickets block (form.cart), which I want to move on a right column. As I couldn’t find any event detail shortcode, I guess I will have to change the template php page. So where do I find this page, and where do I move it in order not to be overwritten during updates?
    I did something similar with what I need using CSS only, but I want more flexibility. See here: http://holycrosss.staging.wpengine.com/event/test-event/

Thank you!

George
    Participant

Hey @Kathy,

Thanks for reaching out. Most of your questions can fortunately be answered in our comprehensive Themer’s Guide, which can be found here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Check that out to learn about making templates that don’t get overridden on updates and such.

To find event details or any other file, the best thing to do here is simply to explore the plugin files directly to find the file you need. There are many files but you only need to look in the /src/views sub-directory.

The Events Calendar itself has a file used for generating event details that exists at src/views/modules/meta/details.php in the plugin files, for example—something like this file might be perfect for your needs.

Best of luck with your customizing!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘I need to customize the event page.’ is closed to new replies.