I just want to display the next two events with their title and date. Shortcode?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I just want to display the next two events with their title and date. Shortcode?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anders
    Participant

Hi, I just want to display the next two upcoming events in a simple list with
    1) the date and time and
    2) the event title
    from a specific category.

Doesn’t seem that hard, right?
    A shortcode is perfectly acceptable. But I cannot find any shortcode that doesn’t give me a ton of extra stuff. Is there a simple and easy way to get this information. Any ideas?

Courtney

Hello Anders

Can you add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance ยป Customize ยป Additional CSS?
    .tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date {display: none !important;}

Then add

[tribe_events_list category="many-many-events" limit="2"]

to where you’d like the shortcode to appear.

Modify the name of the category to match one of your categories.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Anders
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Courtney,

The shortcode you suggest still lists the featured image. While I am reluctantly ok with hiding the nicely formatted date through css, it’s not ok to load and then hide all the featured images.

Is there a way in the shortcode to exclude featured images from the shortcode?

/anders

Anders
    Participant

If anyone else has the same problem, I gave up on the default shortcodes and installed a third party plugin that worked great for my needs. Even has a simple way to reorder the elements inside the shortcode.

The Events Calendar Shortcode & Block

Courtney

Thanks Anders. I’m glad you have a solution that works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I just want to display the next two events with their title and date. Shortcode?’ is closed to new replies.