I have some lines in English after complete Translations

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events I have some lines in English after complete Translations

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sergioral
    Participant

Hello,

After translations completely made, I have some untranslated strings on my community events submit form.
    Can I do It manually on PHP? What are the files?

My screenshots:<br>

http://www.dropbox.com/s/pfb83lgj7ndsivt/Captura%20de%20tela%202014-09-02%2013.32.24.png?dl=0

http://www.dropbox.com/s/v296cuent80ed85/Captura%20de%20tela%202014-09-02%2013.32.34.png?dl=0
    Thanks for your help.
    (MAMP at this moment. I’ll migrate my website to an online server to see if the same happens).

Leah

Hi sergioral,

The reason you are seeing so many words in English is because the translation for The Events Calendar is really outdated. Although you updated Community Events, some strings are translated in the TEC .po file, which is very outdated. Would you be interested in updating the translation for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO? That would fix your site and we’d give you a free license in exchange.

If you are interested, check out the Getting Started post where you’ll find the instructions and files you need. Be sure to follow step #6 to update the .po files before you start.

Best,

Leah

sergioral
    Participant

Hello again dear Leah,

I’ve made the .po file update with the downloadable TEC file available here. It didn’t change anything. As I have it translated (And I’ve checked the specify strings on the editor) I really don’t know why I’m facing these “problems”.

Thanks again

(Ps: I’ll update the translations asap)

sergioral
    Participant

Yes, I double checked all and I’ve updated all files from .pot files and I have the same bugs! This is really only happening with me? 🙁

(Checked: TEC, TEC Pro, Community Events)

Leah

Hi sergioral,

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble. Can you please upload the translation files you are using for TEC and PRO so that I can test with them?

Best,

Leah

sergioral
    Participant

Hello again,

I’ve already uploaded the translations for both free and PRO plugins here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-and-events-calendar-pro-in-pt_pt-portuguese-from-portugal-2/
    However, although I’m using the translation updated from the .POT file (version), I had to change some strings on PHP files, specifically on The Events Calendar/Lib/the-events-calendar.class.php

Have a nice day,
    Sérgio

Leah

Hi Sérgio,

I tested on my site with your files and it worked nicely, except for one string which is ticketed to be fixed. I can’t view your screenshots anymore so I can’t be sure, but I think I’m seeing all the strings you see in English correctly translated into Portuguese (for example https://cloudup.com/cqGi_XIjqIf).

Unfortunately, this probably means that the problem has to do with your set up or the changes you made to the PHP files. I don’t recommend making changes to those strings via PHP. We fix translation string issues as soon as we can find them- it’s best to report them and have them built into the plugin instead of doing it as a customization.

Best,

Leah

sergioral
    Participant

The problem was with “Use Saved Local” and “Use New Local” also like the final string “Insert a 0 to free events”. I only went to PHP after the translations complete.
    But, for now, problem solved! I hope the translations are correct! 😉

Thanks

Leah

As you can see in my screenshot, the ‘Insert a 0 to free events’ is translating properly for me using your translations. The problems with ‘Use Saved’ and ‘Use New’ should be fixed in our upcoming release 🙂

Best,

Leah

sergioral
    Participant

Ok, nice! 🙂 Thanks for your support (as always).

regards

Leah

Thank you! Always glad to help. If you have a minute or two, we will love it if you could leave us a review here. Thank you for your support!

~Leah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘I have some lines in English after complete Translations’ is closed to new replies.