I can't import events.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator I can't import events.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    esteban
    Participant

ok

chris

Having this exact same problem too

Barry

Thanks for your patience everyone. This has been assigned to one of our devs (bug #18305) for further investigation and hopefully that will result in a fix being produced soon, if appropriate.

It may be that this fixed is rolled into the next release of FB Events – if so I will update this thread appropriately.

james
    Participant

@barry- im more than willing to provide access to my site so they can troubleshoot on a live site.
    Any ETA

esteban
    Participant

me too. i urgently need this plugin. i was uploading about 100 events week. for me it stopped working when i upgraded WP

Barry

OK, thanks for the offer guys. I’ll pass that on to the assigned developer – I’m not sure if he’ll need this but if he does we’ll try and grab hold of you here.

In the meantime, we may realistically still be waiting until the next release of Facebook Events before we see this fix.

esteban
    Participant

do you have a time frame for the next release?

Leah

Hi Esteban,

We can’t guarantee the next release time, but our aim is to have a small update out in a few weeks.

~Leah

Timothy Wood
    Participant

Esteban & James,
    I am one of the devs on the plugins here and the one assigned on these particular issues. I have been working through the issues both with the duplication of the events during imports as well as the image errors.

Currently, I am not able to replicate the image import issue, I have a feeling that it is because my dev and staging instances are able to handle the image being brought through without a provided extension. In order to verify this can you give me some sample event IDs that I can use to confirm that we are using the same events for importing and the returned result.
    Cheers,
    Tim

esteban
    Participant

here are some events, they are all public

and I’m getting

The following errors have occurred:

“picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.
    “picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.

james
    Participant

Hey guy,

Sicne its happening on for all the events here is a single page that has alot of events that you can use as an experiament
    DelrayArtsGarage

I get the same errors as above. They import but no pictures and once they are imported they keep showing up in the list to be imported again.

Leah

Thanks for the info guys. I’ll make sure Tim gets this and we’ll get back to you after he has time to take a look.

Thanks for your patience,
    ~Leah

Timothy Wood
    Participant

Esteban & James – thank you for the update. I have been trying these IDs locally on my dev (MAMP Pro/apache) as well as staging (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS/nginx) servers. They import perfectly fine without any issues (see screenshot http://screenshot.imaginesimplicity.com/gRXQ ).

I think the issue might be that during the import on your particular servers that it does not see a file extension on the url and is choking with the error there. I have a few ideas on how to get around this and will get them into the codebase to help protect on import cases like this. I am wondering if either one of you have a “dev” site on either of these servers that you could spare for me to try these solutions since my instances are not failing on import?

james
    Participant

Tim- ill be happy to set up a site on my server so that we can get to the bottom of this. Are you in the US? Can you call me?

Leah

Hey James,

Thanks! We don’t usually do support over the phone, but if you can email us at pro (at) tri.be we can get started on this. Alternately you can contact Timothy via Skype or Twiter @codearachnid. Once you’re in touch with him more directly calling might be a good option.

Thanks,
    Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘I can't import events.’ is closed to new replies.