I cal not importing graphics

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator I cal not importing graphics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve Woods
    Participant

We are attempting to sync events between two WordPress sites with Event Calendar Pro and the Ical Sync Add on.

We are receiving the basic event structure only. No graphics, and very little page formatting.

Is this normal?

We are looking at syncing event’s in our community with several sites. All events include a featured image and usually a logo, map or some graphic along with the text of the event. If this is all we get, each site will have to manually re-setup each event, which defeats the purpose.

The link we are importing from is: http://carefreecavecreek.org/events/month/?ical=1&tribe_display=month

George
    Participant

Hey @tech4life,

we share your frustrations with the lack of formatting and such, because to answer your question, yes, the lack of formatting is somewhat normal πŸ™

The issue is because of the .ics file format itself – it’s super-strict in terms of what characters, content, and so on are allowed, so much so that even line-breaks are often problematic.

The format is usually meant for rather limited-scope applications like iCal, or Google Calendar, which just show little event boxes that all have the same design and just show title, time, place, and maybe a little description.

Compare this to a website, which can have all sorts of rich content and images, video embeds, font styles, links, and so on…

It’s an inherent limitation and the .ics file format simply leaves us with little we can do πŸ™

I noticed that your iCal purchase was on October 15; that means you have until November 14th to act on the 100% refund policy we have. If these iCal limitations truly do render it useless for you, because you have to recreate so much content anyways, please let me know if you’d like a refund. We can issue one immediately if you email [email protected] with a copy of your original order receipts…

Sorry to bear the bad news about this, @tech4life! Let me know what you think and if I can help with anything else.

Sincerely,
    George

Steve Woods
    Participant

Hi George. Appreciate your honesty and not a shock really as I suspected as much. Do you have ANY options you suggest to sync your full events between a couple web sites (with your plugin) automatically?

We use the Avada theme heavily lately and they are now recommending your product. It would be nice to be able to standardize a couple non-profit sites on the same theme, event plugs and bring event / calendar data automatically from one site to the others.

I’ll wait on the refund until you reply as I’m looking at post syncing solutions that might offer some hope.

George
    Participant

Thank you for the kind reply and for understanding some of these limitations, @tech4life! I hate to keep bearing bad news but unfortunately there aren’t really any options for the type of syncing you describe πŸ™

I’m sorry about this!

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I cal not importing graphics’ is closed to new replies.