Hyperlinks opening in the same window – want to open in a new window

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hyperlinks opening in the same window – want to open in a new window

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wayne
    Participant

When users of our site click on the link to an organizer or venue, a new window does not open up and therefore the user is taken away from our website. I would recommend having these hyperlinks open in new windows.

Henry
    Henry

All you’d have to do is replace the 6th line down (the line that starts with $link) with this:

http://pastie.org/3798560

Wayne
    Participant

Henry, Yes I know how to add the target=”_blank” code. If I add this and then get an update of the plugin, my custom code will go away until I write it again. I would recommend adding this code to the “public plugin”.

Rob

Hey Wayne. If you’re adding to your functions.php file, that shouldn’t be impacted by a plugin update (unless I’m misunderstanding the issue here).

Henry

@Wayne,

That’s the good thing about functions.php – this file is part of your theme so any functions you put in this file are unaffected by future upgrades.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hyperlinks opening in the same window – want to open in a new window’ is closed to new replies.