Hyperlink the title of an event and the image

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hyperlink the title of an event and the image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    William Adeimy
    Participant

I looked through the forums but all I could find is some information about hyperlinking the tooltip. How do I get the title and image to link directly to the URL provided from an event submission?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out! Let me help you with that one.

You will need to customize some of the template files based on which view you would like to change.

I reco you start with these 2 articles:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/template-overview/

Let me know how far you get or if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

William Adeimy
    Participant

Thank you for this information. I’ve create the tribe-events folder and the community and pro folders within that directory under my theme but now I’m stuck. I see a thread where someone from your team provided custom code for a tooltip.php addition. Is there a way for you to show me how I can add the hyperlink to the event title and image with the URL that is provided when an event is submitted? Is there some custom php that needs to be added to make this happen?

Thank you.

– Will

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Will,

You will need to create an override for the tooltip.php of the specific view. In that file it should be pretty clear where the title and the image are.

You will need wrap those two with an anchor (separately), with something like this:

"> ....

This should get you started. Share the results with me, I’ll be waiting.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Hyperlink the title of an event and the image’ is closed to new replies.