Huge Images in EventBrite Header

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Huge Images in EventBrite Header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lindsay
    Participant

Is there any way to turn off the huge images that appear in the EventBrite header? It appears to be pulling what I’ve set for the featured image on the event. I can edit it within EB but it keeps reverting and putting the image back whenever the event is updated. I’d like to disable this completely if possible so the image is not passed to EventBrite. Possible?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Lindsay. Great question! πŸ™‚

I just took a quick look at your site, and I couldn’t find any examples like you describe. Would you mind sharing with me the URLs for an event on your site and on Eventbrite where this is happening?

Thanks!

Lindsay
    Participant

It’s a private event listing, so requires a log in to view, and I have since edited the event to remove the image. But basically the plugin appears to be passing the full-szie featured image set on the event to the custom header area within Eventbrite. I’d like to turn this off if possible.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Lindsay. Thanks for explaining that to me.

I’m not sure that we have a filter that is configurable for that, but I will check in with our dev team and get back to you.

For now, your best bet is to update your event on Eventbrite to remove the image manually after updating it in TEC. I know that’s not a great solution, but at least it should get you back in business for now.

Thanks for your patience and have a great weekend! πŸ™‚

Lindsay
    Participant

Update: every time I edit the event on my website it puts that image back. Kind of a pain to have to edit it in eventbrite every time I make a change or edit.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Lindsay. I definitely hear you there! πŸ™‚ We are working on a solution to allow users to choose whether or not their updates are passed to Eventbrite.

Please hang in there. We hope to have something in place very soon. πŸ™‚

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, again, Lindsay. I just wanted to follow-up with you because it looks like this is not going to make it into our next version. Because of that, I wanted to offer you another workaround.

At this point, the best suggestion that we can offer is for you to break the association between the event on TEC and Eventbrite (using the radio button on the Edit Event page in WP and, then, add the ticket box iFrame to the TEC event description.

I know that’s a really kludgy fix, but do you think that could work for you until we get something more polished out the door?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Lindsay. Since it’s been a while, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please start another topic if there’s anything that comes up! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Huge Images in EventBrite Header’ is closed to new replies.