HTML tags show in ticket confirmation

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus HTML tags show in ticket confirmation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    marlies
    Participant

Hi there!

My event has a title with HTML tags in it (for 4th, using superscript for ‘th’). In WordPress all is fine, and the superscript shows without the HTML tags. However, in the email confirmation a customer gets it will show the HTML tags: it will show like this: 4th …rest of the title. (of course without the spaces in the tag, but I’m not sure if I can paste that code without turning it into a superscript)

Anyway, I’d like to know how I can strip these tags out of the email content, so it will just show 4th. Any ideas?
    Thanks so much! Your help is appreciated very much.

Best,
    Marlies

marlies
    Participant

Hmm, HTML got stripped out of the email above, let’s try again: so it shows like this in the email content: <sub>

marlies
    Participant

I’m sorry, I hit enter too quickly: it shows like this:

4<sup/>th</sup<

marlies
    Participant

Sorry: this is how it looks in the email confirmation content
    4<sup>th</sup>

(sorry for all the message! you should introduce something like preview post here ;))

Barry

Well, this is an area where WooTickets is really piggy-backing on WooCommerce (which is actually responsible for sending out order confirmation emails, receipts etc).

I’m guessing WooCommerce uses wp_mail() to send emails – if so, you could investigate using the wp_mail filter and process the message that way.

marlies
    Participant

Well, I’m actually thinking it might be caused by TEC, because I had the same problem with the title that was showing up in the browser. If I used a superscript in the title on an event, it would show the HTML tag in the browser title bar. However if I used a superscript in the title of any other page or post, it would display just fine in the browser… so it really was an event thing.
    I fixed that part by using YOAST Seo, so the title gets overwritten, but now the error does creep back into life in the email content… could you help out in any way? Any work-around?

Barry

You know, I think you might be right. Please bear with me while I talk to the team about this.

marlies
    Participant

Thanks Barry! Hope we can find a solution 🙂 Please let me know when you know more.

marlies
    Participant

Just checked and I am now sure that it is not the email form of WooCOmmerce that gives the problem. The tags I was talking about are not in the actual email, they only show up in the ticket PDF, in the big header of the ticket image, if you know what I mean.

Barry

OK – I’ve asked a dev to look at this and will pass that clarification on to him – and will he or I will update you as soon as we can 🙂

marlies
    Participant

Great! I hope you can solve it 🙂 Thanks!

Barry

Us too! As soon as I can provide a substantive response I’ll get back to you.

Barry

So this will be fixed in 3.0, and in the interim what I’d recommend is avoiding the use of tags within titles just to keep things ticking over until that next release.

Does that work for you?

Barry

Hi marlies, I’m going to close this ticket now since it’s been a while since we heard from you but if there are any further issues please let us know 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘HTML tags show in ticket confirmation’ is closed to new replies.