How to Upgrade from Old Version to Latest Version?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to Upgrade from Old Version to Latest Version?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    communityanswers
    Participant

hello – We are using a very old version of the ECP Pro plugin (Version 2.0.10). In a testing area, we are starting fresh with clean 2012 WP theme and no other plugins*.

When we upgrade v2.0.10 to the latest 3.6.1, we get a white screen and cannot get to the wp-admin dashboard.

Additionally, we are getting many duplicates of the recurring events.

Please explain the correct procedure to upgrade from 2.0.10 – TO – 3.6.1 step-by-step? Your prompt response is appreciated.

* No other plugins are activated. Only ECP / ECP Pro.

communityanswers
    Participant

Adding bit more specifics to my question. When we upgrade from 2.0.10 the count of events goes from 2,000 to 16,000. Seems it duplicates all recurring events. I read through entire forum and see that this was a common issue (@ release 3.4) which was supposedly fixed in 3.5? Though, it seems that it was not as we’re upgrading to 3.6. Hopefully, you can provide more clarity on the correct procedure to upgrade?? Thank you.

Barry

I’m sorry you’re hitting problems with duplicates and generally having a hard time of it updating πŸ™

Generally it’s best to avoid large leaps and sometimes it is worth staging the update through one or more intermediate versions. In this case though I wonder if all you need to do is perform the update and then clean up the duplicates via the plugin provided via this blog post.

Would that work for you? If not it could be worth updating first of all to 2.0.11 (the last version in that branch) followed by 3.0 and then the very latest.

I hope that helps!

communityanswers
    Participant

I tried using the CleanUp hotfix plugin. It does not work / remove any of the duplicates.

1) So is the only potential solution to upgrade in following order:
    a) 2.0.11
    b) 3.0
    c) 3.6.1
    Please confirm?

2) Also, if that does not work, then what is the next best recommendation by ECP team?

Thx.

communityanswers
    Participant

bumping thread.

In addition to the 2 questions above, how would we even get the older versions? ECP downloads in our profile only go back to v3.3.

Barry

Hi – sorry for the delay, I was out-of-office travelling yesterday and unfortunately was unable to respond.

1) So is the only potential solution to upgrade in following order:
    a) 2.0.11
    b) 3.0
    c) 3.6.1
    Please confirm?

It’s difficult to say, as there are a huge number of factors to consider (especially since, by the sounds of things, the issue is something other than that experienced by other users in similar circumstances) but that would certainly be worth a try – albeit I might suggest adding 3.5 after 3.0 and before 3.6.1. I’d also recommend reverting to a default theme and deactivating all other plugins – except of course for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO – for the duration of the update process.

In addition to the 2 questions above, how would we even get the older versions? ECP downloads in our profile only go back to v3.3.

Did you originally purchase a license using a different user account? Essentially, the download area only provides access to versions that were released in periods where you possessed a valid license.

That said, if you need access to other versions please do feel free to email us (referencing the URL of this thread) and I’m sure we can provide you with zips for any versions you are unable to access directly πŸ™‚

Our email address is pro (at) tri (dot) be – thanks!

communityanswers
    Participant

[quote]especially since, by the sounds of things, the issue is something other than that experienced by other users in similar circumstances[/quote]
    It’s the same duplication of recurring events that many of the other users on this forum have noted numerous times.

I did the update process regardless and am now working on a staging site on same server (ECP 3.6.1, WPEngine), and now the Week, Map, and Photo views do not work at all. However, Month, List, and Day work fine. Is there any known reason Week, Map, and Photo views would be impacted only? When I click on them, they simply go to last event single page.

http://testarea01.wpengine.com/events/week/ (404)
    http://testarea01.wpengine.com/events/map/ (404)

Thx for any insights in how to make ECP work.

Barry

It’s the same duplication of recurring events that many of the other users on this forum have noted numerous times.

Right, but the same symptoms on the surface doesn’t mean the underlying problem is the same – if it was, I would expect the cleanup plugin to work it’s magic as it’s proven itself successful in many cases now.

Before we continue to look at the next problem, can you confirm there is no longer any issue with duplicates (at least within the staging site where you performed the update)?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Upgrade from Old Version to Latest Version?’ is closed to new replies.