How to tell if a calandar has an ical feed or not

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How to tell if a calandar has an ical feed or not

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,

I see that there have been some previous questions about this but I haven’t found a clear answer.

How can you tell if a calandar on a webpage have an ical feed or not?

Will you need to e-mail the website owner and ask for the ical feed? Or is it openly available?

Thanks for any and all help.

Best wishes
    Lars

Geoff

Hey Lars, hope all is well!

Good question. It definitely does depend on a site-by-site basis. Some sites may very well have one and publicly promote it on the site. Others, by contrast, may have them an not say anything at all about how to access it.

The Events Calendar adds an iCal address to a site uniformly so that it can be found at: [your-site]/events/ical. But that doesn’t mean other sites will employ it the same way.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete answer for you here, but I do hope this at least help clarify why it’s tough to tell.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Lars
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll do some more searching on how to find out if pages have ical or not.

And to be a hypocrite: Any way to block the ical feed from our own pages?

Best wishes
    Lars

Geoff

Hey Lars and thanks for following up!

While there isn’t a way to disable the iCal feed from The Events Calendar in the settings, you can remove the links that promote it on the front end of the website:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/remove-ical-and-google-calendar-links-from-single-event-view/

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please let us know if any other questions pop up and we’d be more than happy to help. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to tell if a calandar has an ical feed or not’ is closed to new replies.