How to show Previous Events if there are no Upcoming Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to show Previous Events if there are no Upcoming Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    simoncarr
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using a custom php template to pull in some events. Code below..

Is there a way to code this so the 3 most recent past events show up if there are no upcoming events? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

<?php
    global $post;
    $all_events = tribe_get_events(
    array(
    ‘eventDisplay’=>’upcoming’,
    ‘posts_per_page’=>3,
    )
    );
    foreach($all_events as $post) {
    setup_postdata($post);
    ?>

Barry

Hi! Could you check the result to see if any posts were retrieved first time round ($all_events->have_posts() or else check the post_count property) then if it is apparent nothing was retrieved, run a new query but set eventDisplay to past?

simoncarr
    Participant

Barry,

Sorry – I’m not sure I follow what you are saying. Can you show me how you would structure that code?

Thanks

Barry

Apologies, I forgot you don’t actually get a WP_Query object back when you use tribe_get_events(). Even so, you should receive an array as the result – so perhaps you could do something like:

$events = tribe_get_events( $your_original_query );

// Check if any events were returned
    if ( count( $events ) > 0 ) {
        // Your code to display the results
    }
    else { 
        $events = tribe_get_events( $your_past_event_query );
        // Display past events instead...
    }

Does that help?

consoleoffice
    Participant

How can I remove the section of “Upcoming Events” completely?

Thanks.

Barry

Hi: I’m very sorry we missed these follow up questions. That was, unfortunately, due to a bug in our forum software (which only notified us of updates when the original poster added a new reply). Owing to the amount of time that’s elapsed I will now close this thread and I’d ask that if you still need help you create a fresh thread: one of the team will then be only too happy to assist 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to show Previous Events if there are no Upcoming Events’ is closed to new replies.