How to show events in a grid with featured images?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to show events in a grid with featured images?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Neus

Hi,

I’ve been trying to find the way to put the next events in a grid with images, just to show the next events in a more colorful way for the homepage.

I’m struggling with:
    – My inspiration is this https://theeventscalendar.com/showcase/milkwood/ how I get this look? It’s only possible with events calendar pro?
    – How can I show calendar view and put more things in one page, it’s like I can’t control the page where the full calendar displays. I’ve tried to use shortcodes but they’re too limited or maybe I didn’t find the way to work with them correctly. Like a shortocde where I can put the next X (3, 5, 6…) events and be showed in a grid where you can setup how many columns (with or without images), list with image, etc.. How can I do that?

Thank you very much!

Nico

Hi there Neus,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and also for your interest in our products 🙂

My inspiration is this https://theeventscalendar.com/showcase/milkwood/ how I get this look? It’s only possible with events calendar pro?

Sure, that’s Events Calendar PRO photo view. It will display all upcoming events with their featured image and auto adjust the grid to the layout width!

How can I show calendar view and put more things in one page, it’s like I can’t control the page where the full calendar displays. I’ve tried to use shortcodes but they’re too limited or maybe I didn’t find the way to work with them correctly. Like a shortocde where I can put the next X (3, 5, 6…) events and be showed in a grid where you can setup how many columns (with or without images), list with image, etc.. How can I do that?

‘Full view’ shortcodes will be available in our next major release for Events Calendar PRO (4.3) coming out early October. This feature will allow you to embed any calendar view inside a page, post or wherever you might need. If you simply want to add
    content after/before the calendar you can do so in WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Display.
    Also, if you are looking for a more customized/particular display you can always use the tribe_get_events function to fetch events and display them as you need.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Jason Emanuelson
    Participant

Enfold theme from Kriesi does a wonderful job of giving different ways to visualize different post types, including Events Calendar/Pro (they actually have additional elements just for ECP). We do post grids with Ep data all the time. It is not quiet as pretty, but allows for more flexibility without a lot of hard coding.

I just wish there were more elements for Enfold for ECP. Not sure who wrote the two that are there, but so much opportunity for incredible tie-ins.

Reason we love Enfold so much is how it allows visualization options for almost any post type. We pull ECP data, GeoDirectory data, ticket data, etc.

Nico

Thanks for jumping in @spireworks 🙂

Love to hear about the cool integration with Enfold! I’m mostly sure they did all the work for that.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to show events in a grid with featured images?’ is closed to new replies.