How to send email notifications to admin and organizers?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to send email notifications to admin and organizers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    atl-bia
    Participant

I have purchased Event Tickets Plus and have been searching to see how to turn on email notifications (when a customer rsvps) to the admin email and also to organizers. I have some people say that this is possible through Event Tickets PLUS, but have not been able to find any information on HOW to set this up.

So far, I’ve done some test RSVPs and the admin email or organizer email does not receive any email notification. Please help.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

There are unfortunately no settings for this. However, it is easy to configure with a little bit of code.

Here is a snippet that lets you add additional emails to receive notifications when an RSVP is confirmed: https://gist.github.com/skyshab/27ab9a828bcf41a597a46c66aeff376f

Just replace the example emails inside the code. You can add as many as you want, adding a comma between each one.

This code could be added either to a custom plugin or else to your theme’s functions.php file.

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,
    Sky

atl-bia
    Participant

Hi Sky,
    thank you so much for that snippet. This wouldn’t really work for emailing event organizers though. We will be using Event Tickets Plus to allow sign-ups for events from different locations, and there will be different organizers for different events.

So is there a way to change that snippet you provided so that the bcc email addresses are linked to the emails of the organizers that are added to the event? The plugin already allows us to enter names and email addresses of the organizers, so if there’s a code that would pull the event organizer emails for use in that snippet, that would solve our issue.

Thank you again for your help!

ps. just tested the snippet in the functions.php file and it doesn’t seem to work

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by atl-bia.
    Sky
    Keymaster

Alan,

Ah, I see.

Here is another snippet that is specifically for adding the event organizer.

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/c807167bd0a89a13af7f9ad8d351d184

The only caveat is that this only works if there is a single organizer.

FWIW, the problem with the first snippet I shared was that “is_email()” apparently doesn’t work with multiple emails being passed in or the email format I was using. It wants a single “[email protected]” formatted email.

Let me know if this snippet will work for your needs.

Thanks,
    Sky

cdtcsunflowers
    Participant

Hi Sky, Thanks for the help! The last code worked to send a copy of the RSVP to the organizer.

Sky
    Keymaster

Alan,

Awesome! I’m glad that worked for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

atl-bia
    Participant

Hi Sky,

thank you for that. I had to move on to other issues but was able to test your second snippet just now.
    And yes, it works for sending a bcc email to one organizer.

Looks like it helped someone else to (above), so great job!

Sky
    Keymaster

Alan,

Woops, didn’t see that I had replied to someone else. Glad it worked for you too!

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How to send email notifications to admin and organizers?’ is closed to new replies.