How to remove sidebar from ONLY main calendar page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to remove sidebar from ONLY main calendar page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

Hi,

I know there is an option in the settings to change the page template for individual events and the main events page together, but I want to keep the sidebar on the individual events and remove it on the main /events/ page. I’m happy with adding PHP to make that happen, can you let me know what PHP I could add to remove the sidebar JUST on the main calendar (/events/) page?

As an aside, it seems to me that with the nature of a calendar requiring more width to easily navigate than an individual events page, it would be cool to be able to set different page templates for individual events pages and the primary calendar page.

Thanks!
    Will

Cliff

Hi, Eric/Will.

The event archive pages are just that, a WordPress archive page for the tribe_events custom post type.

Whichever template is in effect, whether from our plugin or your theme’s — it sounds like you’re using your theme’s — would need to add some logic to say “if is this custom post type, don’t load the sidebar”.

You might even choose to put that logic in your sidebar theme template file.

Of course, it’s best to use a child theme to make such customizations.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Will
    Participant

I was hoping you could give me a php snippet that would work if possible, I’m not a coder.

Will
    Participant

Also had another question. I’m using elementor pro so I decided to try creating an elementor template for the events archive page. Using elementor and displaying on the events archive, all of the other shortcodes display fine ([tribe_events_list], [tribe_mini_calendar], [tribe_this_week], etc) on the front end, but the [tribe_events] shortcode won’t display. If I use the [tribe_events] shortcode on any other page or archive, there isn’t an issue. It seems like something is blocking the display of that particular shortcode on that particular archive. Is there any way around that?

Will
    Participant

Here is the console output on the archive page that doesn’t display the shortcode:
    JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1
    [“TEC Debug: Tribe Events JS init, Init Timer started from tribe-events.js.”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 TEC Debug: Browser and events settings information:
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded”]
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-pro.js successfully loaded”]
    (2) [“TEC Debug: bootstrapDatepicker was just initialized in “tribe-events-bar.js” on:”, a.fn.init]
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded”]
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-ajax-calendar.js successfully loaded, Tribe Events Init finished”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 Timer ‘Tribe JS Init Timer’ does not exist
    o.(anonymous function) @ tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1
    (anonymous) @ tribe-events-ajax-ca…min.js?ver=4.6.18:1
    i @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    fireWith @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    ready @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2
    K @ jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2

and here it is on another page also using Elementor and the same shortcode where the calendar shows correctly:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 [“TEC Debug: Tribe Events JS init, Init Timer started from tribe-events.js.”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 TEC Debug: Browser and events settings information:
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-pro.js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-ajax-maps.js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-ajax-calendar.js successfully loaded, Tribe Events Init finished”]
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 Tribe JS Init Timer: 42.283935546875ms
    tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.6.18:1 [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded”]

Cliff

In our Help Desk we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Regarding your initial question:

I am unable to provide you a PHP snippet because of trying to integrate with a specific theme or page builder plugin. We just don’t provide support for all the variety of those, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

You might be able to get a solution from your theme author’s support.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to remove sidebar from ONLY main calendar page’ is closed to new replies.