How to remove "meta, link & scripts" from "wp_head" on custom page template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to remove "meta, link & scripts" from "wp_head" on custom page template

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

How do I prevent the following from showing in wp_head on my custom page template?

<meta name="tec-api-version" content="v1"><meta name="tec-api-origin" content="http://localhost/sister"><link rel="https://theeventscalendar.com" href="http://localhost/sister/wp-json/tribe/events/v1/" />

<script>
    		( function ( body ) {
    			'use strict';
    			body.className = body.className.replace( /\btribe-no-js\b/, 'tribe-js' );
    		} )( document.body );
    		</script>
    		<script type='text/javascript'> /* <![CDATA[ */var tribe_l10n_datatables = {"aria":{"sort_ascending":": activate to sort column ascending","sort_descending":": activate to sort column descending"},"length_menu":"Show _MENU_ entries","empty_table":"No data available in table","info":"Showing _START_ to _END_ of _TOTAL_ entries","info_empty":"Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries","info_filtered":"(filtered from _MAX_ total entries)","zero_records":"No matching records found","search":"Search:","pagination":{"all":"All","next":"Next","previous":"Previous"},"select":{"rows":{"0":"","_":": Selected %d rows","1":": Selected 1 row"}},"datepicker":{"dayNames":["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"],"dayNamesShort":["Sun","Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat"],"dayNamesMin":["S","M","T","W","T","F","S"],"monthNames":["January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"],"monthNamesShort":["January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"],"nextText":"Next","prevText":"Prev","currentText":"Today","closeText":"Done"}};/* ]]> */ </script>
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Brent Kozlowski.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Andras.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi bkowlowski,

Thanks for reaching out!

I have to ask for some time until I get some help for most of that.

Meanwhile this snippet should help you remove part of that script:

if ( class_exists( 'Tribe__Main' ) ) {
    remove_action( 'wp_footer', array( Tribe__Main::instance(), 'toggle_js_class' ) );
    }

I’ll be in touch as soon as I have something.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Here’s one more:

if ( function_exists( 'tribe' ) ) {
    remove_action( 'wp_head', array( tribe( 'tec.rest-v1.headers' ), 'add_header' ) );
    }

Check these and let me know how it works out!

Cheers,
    Andras

Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

Thanks! Those both worked, but still need something to remove this one from the footer.

<script type='text/javascript'> /* <![CDATA[ */var tribe_l10n_datatables = {"aria":{"sort_ascending":": activate to sort column ascending","sort_descending":": activate to sort column descending"},"length_menu":"Show _MENU_ entries","empty_table":"No data available in table","info":"Showing _START_ to _END_ of _TOTAL_ entries","info_empty":"Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries","info_filtered":"(filtered from _MAX_ total entries)","zero_records":"No matching records found","search":"Search:","pagination":{"all":"All","next":"Next","previous":"Previous"},"select":{"rows":{"0":"","_":": Selected %d rows","1":": Selected 1 row"}},"datepicker":{"dayNames":["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"],"dayNamesShort":["Sun","Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat"],"dayNamesMin":["S","M","T","W","T","F","S"],"monthNames":["January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"],"monthNamesShort":["January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"],"nextText":"Next","prevText":"Prev","currentText":"Today","closeText":"Done"}};/* ]]> */ </script>

Andras
    Keymaster

I managed to get a dev to take a look at this.

While there is no great way to remove this you can do it with this snippet:

add_action( 'init', function() {
    if ( function_exists( 'tribe' ) ) {
    remove_action( 'wp_footer', array( tribe( 'tribe.asset.data' ), 'render_json' ) );
    }
    } );

Please note though that a number of our scripts depend on that data, so removing this has the potential to cause breakages.

Cheers,
    Andras

Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

Thanks!. This is only for a custom landing page template that needs to be super fast. Can’t have anything unnecessary loading that isn’t critical to that page.

Andras
    Keymaster

Glad it helps!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to remove "meta, link & scripts" from "wp_head" on custom page template’ is closed to new replies.