How to prevent community event users to see events of other users in Backend?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to prevent community event users to see events of other users in Backend?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

How to prevent users of community events, as standard role “subscribers” to see all other events we have in the backend?
    How to prevent them to see the dashboard as well?

To bock admin panel in community settings doesnt help
    But if I block certain roles there, these roles get blocked not only for community users but for all users

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

How to prevent users of community events, as standard role “subscribers” to see all other events we have in the backend?

The proper way to achieve your goal is to use the Community setting you have already identified: block them from the backend.

As you pointed out, this solution looks like it might impact some of your other users as well.

So this leaves you with a couple of options:

1. Create a new WordPress role specifically for people that submit events and block them.
    2. Review the capabilities associated with the subscriber role to your liking.

This can be accomplished via a plugin such as Members. You can read all about it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

But, my recommendation would definitely be option 1.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

thx, solution 1 worked for me so far as I could block subscribers from dashboard access. Next step i try to create a new role will take a few days, so if that works or not I’ll seee zhena and come backt you

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

Thank you for writing back.

That is awesome to hear. Keep us posted on the results when you have a minute.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to prevent community event users to see events of other users in Backend?’ is closed to new replies.