How to preserve custom fields during a scheduled import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How to preserve custom fields during a scheduled import

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Bryan.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bryan
    Participant

I recently purchased Event Aggregator to import a Google Calendar. The import ran fine. I then created a Custom Field using the Additional Field option (Settings – Additional Fields tab). I put a value in this field for an event that came through from the importer. At the next scheduled import, I noticed that this field had been cleared out.

I have this option enabled in the Settings – Import fields: Preserve the most recent change in each event field, whether that change occurred on my site or at the original source.

I assumed this would keep the value in my custom field, but it didn’t. Is this a bug, or expected functionality?

Thanks,

Bryan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m really sorry about this issue.

I just ran a test with a google calendar import to check and I can confirm that the advanced field values are removed. Please give me some time to check with the team whether this is intended behavior or not.

Just a note, if you change the setting to “Do not re-import…”, then the values will stay there.

Hang in there, I’ll be in touch shortly.

Cheers,
    Andras

Bryan
    Participant

Thank you Andras.

Would you also have them check the “Event Website” URL field? I noticed it too was overwritten. I would expect Google calendar fields (such as title, date, time, location) to be overwritten, but not Event Calendar specific fields.

Thanks,

Bryan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Bryan,

Ran some further tests and it looks like we have a but on our hands. I already filed a bugticket and added this thread to is, so a fix will be developed in due time.

I’m really sorry about this inconvenience, and thanks for reporting it.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.
    If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Bryan
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Is there an update to this issue? I noticed that a recent release was pushed a few days ago (4.4.4); however, after grading, I still experience the same issue. I read that several synch issues were addressed in the fix, but it appears this one didn’t make the cut.

Any update would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Bryan
    Participant

András,

Thank you for the update. I look forward to the fix.

Thanks,

Bryan

Andras
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! 🙂

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to preserve custom fields during a scheduled import’ is closed to new replies.