How to prepare a CSV file for import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How to prepare a CSV file for import

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

I’m importing a hundreds of events using CSV, and I need to know what fields, and how to format them, so that it all works smoothly with Event Aggregator.

So I’ve run some tests.

And my workflow right now is:

• Import Venues : so I can get the address details loaded on the site
    • Import Organizers : to get the people in there
    • Import Events : to get all the rest of the info

And so far, this information has matched up well, and everything is fine.

So my questions are:

*How do I import the category field into my events? More specifically, what should the field value be, in order to match up with the categories I’ve created for events.

*How do I toggle “show google map”, and “show google map link” for all my imported events. I see that this is one of the fields I’m able to import. So what should the field value on my spreadsheet be, before importing.

*Any other CSV preparation considerations I should have before I ask the organization I’m working with to provide a CSV file?

Thanks very much!
    Ryan

Courtney

Hi there Ryan

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/ has examples for all of our options for CSV files. Can you give these a shot and let me know how it goes?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

Thanks!

Courtney

Sure thing. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to prepare a CSV file for import’ is closed to new replies.