How to pass an Event to another user?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to pass an Event to another user?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cliffy
    Participant

Hi,
    Still new to TEC but here is a question, surely you have thought of?

I see in your latest release you can have multiple organisers – great. However, for my scenario it would be better to have multiple “authors” or “editors”. Here is why:

As admin of a community site I would like to add an event. I would then like to message the organisation hosting the event and say “hey, get on my website and add all your other events”

If they do indeed register and post a new event, a new “organiser” and venue – I would then like to pass the event I created to them. So for instance if any of the event details change, they can make those changes without contacting me.

Ideally, it would be better if the community user could look after their own organiser details and venues – but I guess that’s a lot of changes.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Again,

I can help explain the process here.

All the events are custom post types that have an author, just like any post or page in WordPress.

So you as an admin could change the author to another author(user) and then that person would be able to edit the event as theirs in Community Events on the front end.

Do you think that works for you?

Cheers

cliffy
    Participant

Hi again Brian,
    Just as I thought. I think I know the problem. In my The Events Calendar Settings | Community I had ALL “Roles to block” ticked.

I presume this is why I do not see other users in the Author dropdown?

So my next question of course is how does this Roles to Block work, what should I have ticked, unticked?

Sorry for the noob question, I have never used Roles before on any website.

cliffy
    Participant

I am so confused now.
    If I untick Subscriber (with Block access to WordPress dashboard) ticked. The “End user” (a subscriber) interface seems ok. i.e. all the logged in user can do is use the View Calendar, Community: Submit Event and Community: My Events options.
    Even though they see the Add Event and Edit Events on the Events menu too. Hitting those uses the Redirect URL.

However if I untick the Subscriber “Roles to block” option: My subscriber user can also use the Add Event and Edit event menu options. They also see the Events menu on the Dashboard ! (even though Block access is ticked)
    On the dashboard Events menu, they also see Venues and Organisers and can add those also.
    They also see the WordPress 4.2.3 is available message though it does say, Please notify the site administrator
    They can also edit their profile and change their password
    They also see the +New menu with Event and LayerSlider options (the new event works), the layerslider says no permissions
    (I think this is an unrelated bug, but I have an event that with the Subscriber role blocked – there are no upcoming events in the queue to edit [using the Community: My Events option]. But if unblocked – I do see an event which can be edited BUT only using the Edit Events menu)

See how I am getting confused?

Either way, I still can’t change the Author of an event that Admin has created 🙁

cliffy
    Participant

This reply is private.

cliffy
    Participant

wow. I may have solved the issue (or workaround?)

By default, my test user was made a WP Subscriber. So as Admin of the site, I made them Editor. Edited the event Author and was able to select my test user. Back to test user ‘Users’ settings in admin and changed their WP Role back to Subscriber. Phew :/

That was long winded !

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

So by default Community Events form is available to anyone logged in if you do no accept anonymous submissions.

The Access Control is to disable admin access, but not to disable form access. That could be possible, but would involve editing the form templates, which is possible without editing the plugins directly.

I think you could not add it to a subscriber as WordPress only shows users that could actually edit it in the admin.

I found this post that might help so you can assign to subscribers as well:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/50827/select-subscriber-as-author-of-post-in-admin-panel

Also, you maybe able to assign users that are the author role to be an author of an event you create.

Cheers

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to pass an Event to another user?’ is closed to new replies.