how to move single event meta box to the right of the event description

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO how to move single event meta box to the right of the event description

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NATHAN
    Participant

Hi,
    How do I format the single-event.php page to where the event meta box is displayed to the right of the event description? An example is this: http://goo.gl/hfu0YE

Thanks!

Geoff

Hello Nathan and welcome to the forums!

You will want to edit the single-event.php template to move the meta information around. Our themer’s guide dives into template overrides and I’d suggest checking it out, but it basically boils down to this:

• Make a copy of the template. It’s located in /wp-contnet/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php
    • Make a new folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Drop the copied single-event.php file in that folder

Now that the single-event.php file is in your theme, you can modify it to suit your needs. In this case, you’ll want to move the “Events Meta” code where you want it to appear in the template. From there, I imagine it will take some custom CSS to position and style things exactly the way you want them to display.

Does this help you get started? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

NATHAN
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for your reply – I am using the custom single-event.php file but since I’m new to all of this, do I make adjustments to the .php file itself or CSS for it to display it in the two column format that I referenced above?
    Thanks!

Geoff

Hey Nathan,

Good question! I believe it will be a combination of the two: you will likely need to edit the PHP file itself and use CSS to position and style things as needed. For example, moving the meta code in the PHP template to be right after the content description, then using CSS to float each block of content next to one another.

Does this help? Let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘how to move single event meta box to the right of the event description’ is closed to new replies.