How to manage a 2-day event that requires 2 check in with the same QR Code

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to manage a 2-day event that requires 2 check in with the same QR Code

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Hello dear support team

I’ll be working on an event in 10 days, the event is on 2 days, and i’m selling “2 days Tickets” that means i sell a ticket, which give the right to come to the event the 2 days

When a ticket buyer arrives the 1st day, i scan his ticket as check in. At this point the QR code can’t be read another time.

What can i do to be able to scan (with success) the same QR code the 2nd day ?

Is there a table i could modify in order that my website thinks it’s the first time the QR code has been scanned ?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Stéphane

Cliff

Hi, Stephane.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/18537427-qr-code-multiple-use-for-attendance

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

One idea is that you could create Ticket A and say it’s $20 and then Ticket B and say it’s $0… both on the same event.

Then, hide Ticket B from view on the event page, like via CSS, but use a snippet like the one below to force adding Ticket B to the cart whenever Ticket A is added:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/30481ca323012e298418095476d49337

The snippet would need a little bit of tweaking in order to work for your specific setup — and would need to be different per each multi-day event — but it might be a help in the right direction.

Another simpler idea would be to just create 2 tickets and spread the cost between the 2 days, like Ticket A for $10 and Ticket B for $10 and hope that they figure it out.

Whatever you try, please let me know what worked for you and what didn’t.

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

Thanks a lot ! will try this asap and let you know

Cliff

You’re welcome.

I’ll await your reply, but please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed and you still need assistance, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Stéphane TRAULLE
    Participant

It’s all good for now 🙂

Thank you
    best,
    Stéphane

Cliff

You’re welcome. I’m glad to help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to manage a 2-day event that requires 2 check in with the same QR Code’ is closed to new replies.