How to make visitors see position in the map

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to make visitors see position in the map

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daniele
    Participant

Hi, how is it possible to show to visitors of my site, exactly where they are in the map view?

George
    Participant

Hey Daniele,

To do that would unfortunately require a lot of custom code, far too much code for the scope of our support forums I’m afraid πŸ™

You are not, however, the first user to have sought this functionality – it’s “on our map”, to make the pun, and support for the actual user’s location to show up as a marker on the map could very well end up in a future release of Events Calendar Pro.

If of course don’t have any specific dates for when something like that could be released, nor 100% certainty that this will be released, but just wanted to note that we have been listening to customers and are aware of the utility of this feature for some users.

If you’re able to work with the Google Maps API JavaScript at all, then you might be able to start building out something useful for this by turning SCRIPT_DEBUG on in your site’s wp-config.php file and modifying Pro’s embdedded-maps.js script.

Otherwise, your best option is to hire someone to build this out for you. We have a list of often-well-reviewed customizers here for starters β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/find-a-customizer

Sorry to disappoint Daniele! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

Thanks,
    George

Daniele
    Participant

Ok, I understand. Thanks for answering, I hope it will be update soon πŸ™‚
    I’d like to ask another question, is it possible to show up only the events in the arc of time of the visitor’ search?

George
    Participant

Hey Daniele,

Thanks for the reply – I’m sorry to admit it, but I don’t quite understand what you mean here exactly:

is it possible to show up only the events in the arc of time of the visitor’ search?

Can you elaborate on that and specify exactly what you mean?

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I just want to make sure I understand exactly what you mean so that I can best help you out πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    George

Daniele
    Participant

ok, sorry for misunderstanding. I mean that if create an event for today at 20.00 and lasts until 22.00, I want it shown only today from 20 to 22.
    better? πŸ™‚

Daniele
    Participant

Hi, I forgot about another question, is possible to have a shortcode to incorporate the map inside some pages?

George
    Participant

Hey Daniele,

It is unfortunately not possible to include the Map via shortcode πŸ™ Sorry to disappoint yet again – please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns here.

Thank you!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make visitors see position in the map’ is closed to new replies.