How to : make Required Fields of 'organiser name' and 'organiser e-mail'

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to : make Required Fields of 'organiser name' and 'organiser e-mail'

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kingconga
    Participant

I’ve tried what w3shool describes as the html method <input type=”text” name=”usrname” required> and I have tried writing in functions.php as described on https://theeventscalendar.com/change-required-fields-on-community-event-submission-page/ but I’m having no success.
    In functions.php I’ve tried with the field names
    ‘organizer_name’,
    ‘organizer_email’
    I’ve tried with html ID’s
    ‘OrganizerOrganizer’,
    ‘OrganizerEmail’
    and I’ve tried with the ‘ones in square brackets’ which you told us to avoid because they’re horribly complicated
    ‘organizer[Organizer]’,
    ‘organizer[Email]’
    Can someone please describe how to do this. The tutorial includes the field name ‘organizer’ but it didn’t change anything. This is very important to us to get our event loader as simple and clear as possible.
    Thanks, Tim

Casey
    Participant

kingconga,
    Unfortunately those fields are a bit more complex to validate, and are beyond the scope of what we can help you implement here. If you don’t feel comfortable implementing something like this, then as a workaround I would suggest setting your Default Organizer values (Events->Settings->Default Content) to a Desired Organizer that you’ve created.

Hopefully that helps to point you in the right direction. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to : make Required Fields of 'organiser name' and 'organiser e-mail'’ is closed to new replies.