How to make flat fee to charge per ticket sold instead of each event in an order

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets How to make flat fee to charge per ticket sold instead of each event in an order

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tac
    Participant

Hi,

When we bought this plugin, we thought the ticket fee (both percentage and flat fee) are per ticket sold. We just found out that percentage is charged on the whole amount…. which is OK… but flat fee is only charged per event in the order.

Our pricing structure is x% + 0.y cents per ticket sold. Can you please advise how we can make flat fee field to charge per ticket sold as well?

Thank you.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Tac,

I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out about this. It actually sparked a bit of a discussion on our end. We were trying to figure out why we did not originally build it that way, because your assumption makes a lot of sense to us as well. This is a feature we would like to add.

In the meantime I am trying to investigate if I can build a snippet for you that does by filtering ‘woocommerce_cart_calculate_fees’ .I’ll get back to you shortly to see if this is possible, if so I can have a fix for you now rather than a month+ away when we do our next feature release.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Tac
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Thanks and glad that it makes sense to you and others in the team too.

That’ll be great if you could provide us some code snippet for the time being.

Thanks and looking forward to it.

Tac
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Hope you are well!

Can you please help on the above as suggested?

Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Tac,

I am sorry for the belated followup, I was on vacation for a few days.

This does look doable as a snippet. Basically we wound want to unhook Tribe__Events__Community__Tickets__Main::calculate_cart_fees() from ‘woocommerce_cart_calculate_fees’ . From there we could add our own hook, which implements an alternate version of Tribe__Events__Community__Tickets__Cart . I have been approved to take an extra couple hours to see if this can be built and tested within a reasonable timeframe. I will get back to you by Friday to let you know how it’s going. Until then please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Tac
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Hope you had a great vacation. Look forward to the snippet. We are really desperate to use it as it’s costing us money on each ticket sold..

Thanks in advance.

Brook
    Participant

I did! I am sorry my vacation ended up impacting your topic though. Typically when one of us is absent the others will take over and respond, but in this case it seems your topic fell through the cracks.

I will definitely get back to you as soon as I can. Ordinarily we would not be able to investigate and possibly build a complicated snippet like this as part of our support, but we are making an exception here. Due to that it takes a little more time than usual. I hope to get back to you with good news, it is possible that I will not be able to get this completed in the budget I have been given but I will do my best. If it’s not complete, then we will have to wait for this feature to be included as part of Community Tickets in a future update.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and your patience while we work on it. I’ll be in tough by Friday if not before. Cheers!

– Brook

Tac
    Participant

Thanks Brook.

Brook
    Participant

You are most welcome!

Are you using split payments, where the folks who submitted the event automatically get paid via PayPal ? My current script is limited in that it can not alter the amount automatically paid out, only the amount charged. If you are doing manual payouts this limitation does not affect your site. But if it’s automatic your event submitted will actually collect the extra fees, not you. :-/ I am working on fixing that limitation if possible.

• Brook

Tac
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Apologies for the absence!

No, we are not using split payments. Any chance, we can still get this fixed please?

Thank you.

Brook
    Participant

That’s good news Tac.

I just updated it to be compatible with the 4.2.1 version of our plugins we released this week. This is still very much a beta. Especially because I have not tested split payments yet. Please let me know if you discover any issues. I ran a number of test orders and it was working great thus far. But since it was just myself testing and not our usual rigorous process/team of QA testers…

tribe-snippet-ct-per-ticket-fee

Download that file and install it like any other plugin. And it will start converting the Flat fee from a per event basis to a per ticket one.

Cheers!

– Brook

Tac
    Participant

Thanks Brook,

Can you please confirm the following?
    1. Do I need to upgrade our plugins to 4.2.1 before I install your snippet?
    2. Does your snippet has a fix for non-split payments as well?
    3. Where do I get to see the site fee calculated for a given order?

Thanks and appreciate your help!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Tac,

1. I would update to 4.2.1 if I were you as that is the version this snippet has been tested most extensively with. But it’s probably not necessary.
    2. It works great when PayPal split payments are not enabled.
    3. If you wish to see the fee temporarily you can go to WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Community and change it so that the fees are added to the total at checkout. You will then see Site Fees as a separate line item in your shopping cart, and can use this to guage fee totals. Once you’re satisfied it’s working as expected you can change it back to including fees in the ticket cost, assuming that is what you prefer.

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions or need the above clarified. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make flat fee to charge per ticket sold instead of each event in an order’ is closed to new replies.