How to make certain fields required on Submit an Event form?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to make certain fields required on Submit an Event form?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

By default, only the “Event Title” and “Event Description” are required on the Community Events Submit an Event form. How can I make other fields, such as Venue Name, required?
    Thanks,
    Sean

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to do this without writing some custom code. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, then I would suggest that you go vote for this feature request on our UserVoice page, so we can include this functionality in a future release.

If you’d like to attempt to tackle this with some custom code, I’d be happy to get you pointed in the right direction to get started. Just let me know.

Thanks!

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

Good morning Casey,
    I’ll definitely add my vote to that feature request. Sorry that I missed it prior to posting this here.
    In the meantime, though I’m no developer, I would really appreciate any thoughts you have in terms of how I could go about tackling this myself. I see there is validation code in /community/edit-event.php. If I wanted to make Venue Name required, would I need to add something similar to /modules/venue.php?

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    One of our developers shared this with me:

You can now filter on ‘tribe_events_community_required_fields’ to add/remove required fields. This only affects validation, so you’ll also need to override templates so that those fields display as required, and use the tribe_events_community_submission_error_message filter to set appropriate error messages for your fields.

Look at the docs here to see the function where it’s being used.

If you don’t feel comfortable coding this custom functionality, then I would just suggest that you make your voice heard by chiming in over on the UserVoice topic so we can include this functionality in a future release.

Thanks and let me know if you have further questions!

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi Casey. Great, thanks! Appreciate the info. This is very helpful in pointing me in the right direction.
    Regards,
    Sean

Casey
    Participant

Great! Glad to hear it! Since you’re all set, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread, but feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues.

Thanks for being a customer!

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make certain fields required on Submit an Event form?’ is closed to new replies.