How to make an event 'past' based on start date rather than end date?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to make an event 'past' based on start date rather than end date?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Duval
    Participant

I’ve been looking around for the place in the code that determines whether an event is considered ‘past’. I’d like to make it so that once an event’s start date is passed, it disappears from upcoming events displays. Any tips?

Cliff

Hi Ryan. Could you please confirm if this is what you’re wanting, for example:

• there are 3 events prior to today, Feb 9
    • there are 2 events today
    • there are 10 future events

Are you wanting the Month View, for example, to NOT display the 3 events from Feb 1 – Feb 9?

If yes, which views are you wanting this for? (I believe all views other than Month and Week already act this way.)

Ryan Duval
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    thanks for the reply.
    Actually, what I’m trying to do pertains more to the list widget and Photo View where we show all ‘upcoming’ events. I’d like to show events that begin after todays date.
    For example:

3 events from February 1 – 15
    2 events from today, Feb 9 – 29
    10 future events starting after today

I would like the list widget and photo view to show only the 2 events starting today, and the 10 events starting after today, but to NOT display the 3 events that STARTED BEFORE todays date. Currently, it will show any event who’s END DATE is after todays date.

I realize this may not be an option as a setting, but perhaps there’s a place in the code where I could make this customization? I haven’t been able to find it so far…

Cliff

Ryan, I believe you could use tribe_get_events() to get the posts you want and then use those posts in the tribe_get_list_widget_events filter.

I hope this helps get you on your way to your desired customization.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make an event 'past' based on start date rather than end date?’ is closed to new replies.