How to keep Event Categories from disas

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How to keep Event Categories from disas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

iCal Importer is awesome, but I’m having one major issue. I have the “Overwrite Existing” option checked because my client needs to be able to update/delete events in iCal. Because this is checked, I am losing any edits to the Event, especially the “Event Category” that I set manually on the website. I am using a “Homepage Featured” category along with the “Events List” widget to display a custom list of events on the homepage. I cannot use the importer to assign “Homepage Featured” to all of the events upon import, rather, I need to be able to manually select a handful in WordPress.

What is the best way to keep the categories from being overwritten and erased every time the importer runs?

Thanks.

Cliff

I believe I understand what you’re asking for, but we’re limited in helping with customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

I think it could make sense for the overwrite to only overwrite data specific to the event details and not the WordPress-specifics like the category the event belongs in. I didn’t find that as an existing feature request at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

Please do add your feature request there.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

Once you post it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to keep Event Categories from disas’ is closed to new replies.