How to import tickets with active ticket fieldsets?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to import tickets with active ticket fieldsets?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    April
    Participant

I can’t seem to find a way to import tickets correctly. Each ticket we sell needs to have “Ticket Fieldset” options. While it’s easy to add predefined Ticket Fieldset from the Event edit screen, I can’t find a way to map the Fieldset to the Ticket during the CSV import.

Since there will be a lot of events, adding this manually is not an option. Since Ticket Fieldsets is a part of TEC PRO and ET PRO, I thought that the mapping would work after we purchase the license.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello April,

Thanks for purchasing our plugins and welcome to the forums!

If I understand correctly you wish to import a fieldset for tickets that collects extra attendee meta data.

Unfortunately that is not possible at the moment, it is not part of the feature set of our plugins.

Events Calendar Pro comes with ‘Additional Fields’, which you can access under Events > Settings > Additional fields tab. With the help of this you can add extra information to Events. It is possible to import these Additional Fields. (For details check out this article.)

Event Tickets Plus comes with the ability to collect extra attendee information with the tickets / RSVPs you are selling. Importing field sets like this is not possible at the moment.

I understand if this is disappointing, I do hope you will still find our plugins useful.

If you think that this is a feature you would like to see I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

April
    Participant

That’s quite a disappointment, to be honest. I don’t see a reason to use CSV imports if I have to edit every single event manually to assign ticket fields to a ticket. As I can see, Ticket Fieldsets also have an ID(Iassume they are also post types), wouldn’t be logical to map the ID of the Ticket Fieldset to a Ticket or Event during the CSV import?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi April,

I fully understand your disappointment in the case.

The way the plugins are set up it is not enough to map the ID of the ticket fieldset to the ticket itself. The ticket fieldset that is saved is only a template. When you add the fieldset to a ticket you are not connecting it with the ID, you are not creating a reference, but rather copy the fieldset data to the ticket metadata (wp_postmeta table, meta_value column).

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Cheers,
    Andras

April
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying the process. From what you’re saying, if fieldsets are being copied to tribe_tickets_meta -> meta_value , then it would be possible to populate the meta_value column via SQL query. Something like:
    UPDATE wp_postmeta SET meta_value = 'a:4:{i:0;a:5:{s:4:"type";s:4:"text";s:8:"required";s:2:"on";s:5:"label";s:10:"First Name";s:4:"slug";s:10:"first-name";s:5:"extra";a:0:{}}i:1;a:5:{s:4:"type";s:4:"text";s:8:"required";s:2:"on";s:5:"label";s:9:"Last Name";s:4:"slug";s:9:"last-name";s:5:"extra";a:0:{}}i:2;a:5:{s:4:"type";s:4:"text";s:8:"required";s:0:"";s:5:"label";s:5:"Email";s:4:"slug";s:5:"email";s:5:"extra";a:0:{}}i:3;a:5:{s:4:"type";s:8:"checkbox";s:8:"required";s:0:"";s:5:"label";s:7:"Options";s:4:"slug";s:7:"options";s:5:"extra";a:1:{s:7:"options";a:4:{i:0;s:138:"($30.00) I would like to RENT a textbook. A textbook is mailed out to your after registration. A textbook is returned on the day of class.";i:1;s:195:"($20.00) I would like an Electronic PDF 70 page workbook to use in preparation for class. Although it is a summarized version of the textbook, this document will adequately prepare you for class.";i:2;s:99:"($75.00) I would like to BUY a brand NEW textbook. A textbook is shipped to you after registration.";i:3;s:94:"($55.00) I would like to BUY a USED textbook. A textbook is shipped to you after registration.";}}}}' WHERE meta_key = '_tribe_tickets_meta'

(value copied from a ticked id with active fieldset)..but this particular example doesn’t work unfortunately. Since we currently have 4300 tickets, each requiring a ticket fieldset, I would appreciate some help with this query, even if it falls outside of the scope of forum support.

At this point, there is absolutely no use of TEC importer if we can’t handle this process in bulk.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi April,

That is a viable solution. I just checked that on my local install and it did work.

What didn’t work for you?

A.

April
    Participant

The SQL query I initially wrote works, but it updates meta keys we don’t want to update (it also appears on Woo Orders table and so on). So I wanted to update the meta value only for products with this meta key.

So this is a working solution if anyone needs it.

UPDATE wp_postmeta, wp_posts
    SET wp_postmeta.meta_value = 'META VALUE GOES HERE'
    WHERE wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id and wp_postmeta.meta_key = '_tribe_tickets_meta' and wp_posts.post_type = "product"

It would be nice if you would consider adding this option to plugin options in the upcoming versions.

Barry

Thanks April: that’s a fair request and adding it to our UserVoice page is definitely worthwhile (it will help us to gauge demand for this and allow others to comment on it with anything else they feel should be considered as part of the same feature) 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How to import tickets with active ticket fieldsets?’ is closed to new replies.