How to hide the View More link at the end of the widget when using the shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to hide the View More link at the end of the widget when using the shortcode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, when using the calendar pro widget shortcode is there anyway to basically hide the VIEW MORE link that appears at the bottom. I have read the shortcode parameters here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/ but do not see anything I can use.

The shortcode I use would look like this:

[tribe_events_list category=”featured events” limit=”5″ address=”yes” venue=”yes” phone=”yes”]

and basically I want the View more…. that appears at the end of this widget to be hidden? Any ideas on this?
    Thanks in advance.
    James

Brook
    Participant

Howdy James,

Good question. The tricky thing about this would be hiding it only in the shortcode, and not the widget (which share the same template). It should be possible though using a dash of CSS:

.entry-content .tribe-events-widget-link{ display:none; }

That will hide the the view more link if it is inside of the .entry-content div. In most themes that div will wrap the main content area/article, but won’t wrap the sidebar or footer. Thus if your theme is likely that it will only impact the shortcodes inside of the content area, and not impact widgets which are outside of it.

Does that sound like what you’re looking for?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to hide the View More link at the end of the widget when using the shortcode’ is closed to new replies.