How to hide attendees list and question altogether?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to hide attendees list and question altogether?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alison
    Participant

I would like to disable the attendees list and also the question where ticket buyers are asked to check off “Don’t list me on the public attendee list”.

Checking off “hide the attendees list” on the back-end doesn’t seem to disable this question.

It’s a feature that needs to be able to be completely disabled. (Right now, it’s a good feature for thieves, but not for real people, IMHO. )

Most people probably do NOT want to publicize on the internet that they are going to be out of their home at a certain time. And they shouldn’t be listed in case they forget to check off a box.

Please advise how to disable the list and the question.

Thanks.

Geoff

Hi Alison and welcome back to the forums. šŸ™‚

Sure thing! You can add this to your theme’sĀ functions.php file and it will completely disable the feature:

/**
    * Disables the public attendee lists on all events
    * Removes the tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta action that injects the attendee
    * list that was introduced with the initial 4.1 release of Event Tickets Plus
    */
    function disable_attendee_list_on_post() {
    if ( ! class_exists( 'Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Attendees_List' ) ) {
    return;
    }

remove_action(
    'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta',
    array(
    Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Attendees_List::instance(),
    'render'
    ),
    );
    }

add_action( 'wp', 'disable_attendee_list_on_post' );

Please give that a try and let me know if it helps. šŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Geoff

Joachim
    Participant

I’ve tried this and it doesn’t work for me… The checkbox is still there šŸ™

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j764tops80sk7j/Schermafdruk%202016-03-30%2015.19.18.png?dl=0

Geoff

Hi Joachim,

You can add this to your theme’sĀ style.css file or by using the Simple Custom CSS plugin:

.tribe-tickets-attendees-list-optout {
    display: none;
    }

That should remove the checkbox below the RSVPs and tickets. šŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

mina
    Participant

I have the same issue; the checkbox still there when I open my sit on mobile devices but it disappears when I open it a on computers

Stephen
    Participant

I mostly agree with Alison(OP) that this is a bit troubling from a security, privacy(linked but not the same as security) and PR perspective. When I am presented with Opt-out statements, I immediately have a negative bias in how I feel about the entity at the other end of the agreement. They clearly do not value my interests at all and are only looking to take advantage.

While I understand that some may wish to use this feature, each site owner/admin should have the ability to offer an Opt-in option AND the option to disable the feature all together.This should be doable easily from the Admin menus.

Having to modify code to disable such an intrusive feature is not a good alternative.

Alison
    Participant

I totally agree with Stephen’s comment above. Geoff, please consider making this a feature available in the admin settings.

Thanks,
    Alison

Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

I ‘fixed’ it by putting this custom CSS. It seems to work hiding it succesfully.

.tribe-attendees-list-container {
    	display: none !important;
    }
    .tribe-tickets-attendees-list-optout {
    	display: none !important;
    }

Oh, and don’t forget to clear cache and (hard) refresh on computer/mobile device.

Hope it works for you,

Cheers,

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Dirk. Reason: Adding the cache part
    Alison
    Participant

Dirk, love it!

Geoff

Thanks for chiming in Dirk!

And thanks everyone else for the feedback. You are certainly not the only ones asking about this and we are indeed looking at a better way for handling this feature so that it does not provoke any security concerns.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread since we have workarounds in the meantime, but I assure you are still talking about this internally and hope to have more to share soon. šŸ™‚

Thanks again!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to hide attendees list and question altogether?’ is closed to new replies.