How to have different color categories?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to have different color categories?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    hometownchatter
    Participant

I found this tutorial https://theeventscalendar.com/coloring-your-category-events/ but I can’t seem to get it to work. I tried adding the CSS to my child theme CSS file. I’ve tried using the category name as well as the category ID and can’t get either one of them to do anything. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

Barry

Have you tried this plugin? Though it is a third party plugin and is not officially supported it essentially does what you want and is configurable through Events > Settings.

hometownchatter
    Participant

I’ll check it out right now. Thanks Barry!

Andy Fragen

BTW, you do need to assign a category to the event in order for the plugin to have something to color. 😉

hometownchatter
    Participant

It appears that I have a problem with the plugin as well. I’m wondering if when I changed my categories from check boxes to dropdown menu if I messed something up. It doesn’t appear to be seeing my categories at all. I think I might need to go find that thread and undo what I did and see if it works.

Andy Fragen

hometownchatter, when I go to the event on May 12 it doesn’t appear to have a category label. You need to have a category label assigned to any event you wish to color.

hometownchatter
    Participant

Strange. I have a whole list of categories I created in Event Categories and they show up on my Submit Event form (now in a dropdown). Too weird. I have no idea what’s going on. :/

hometownchatter
    Participant

So stupid. I thought I had selected the category but apparently not! Thanks for pointing that out so I would go back and look! :o)

hometownchatter
    Participant

So, my next question is… basically I can’t pick colors for all of my event categories up front? I have to wait until the categories have been used for an event first?

Andy Fragen

I think you understand correctly.

hometownchatter
    Participant

Thanks Andy 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘How to have different color categories?’ is closed to new replies.