How to handle event series tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to handle event series tickets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I’m using PRO and EDD Tickets extensions.

I’m wondering the best way to handle selling tickets for an event series? I have a series of 5 events that span over a 6 month period. Customers can purchase a ticket to an individual event or they can purchase the complete series ticket package which includes access to all 5 events. I have created a separate event for each individual event plus one event for the entire series. These are not set up as one recurring event as each event is separate. I’m having two issues with this:

1 – If I enter the complete event series start date as Jan. 01 and the end date as Aug. 01, the event is listed every day in between. I’m guessing the only thing I can do is set the event date as the last event date. Any better ideas?

2 – This complicates managing ticket stock. Is there a way to set this up so that when someone purchases the entire series package it will subtract 1 ticket from each of the individual events?

Geoff

Howdy Tony! Thanks for getting in touch.

Great questions. It’s certainly an interesting scenario and one that adds a little bit of complexity to how the calendar views and tickets work.

Iā€™m guessing the only thing I can do is set the event date as the last event date. Any better ideas?

Yes, by default, the calendar’s Month View will display multi-day events on each day that the event spans. We have seen a request on our UserVoice page to change the display so multi-day events span days rather than repeat, so you could add your vote to help it be considered in a future release.

For the time being, however, you’re right: the best workaround for you might be to create a single day Event post and describe the series in the post description.

The other alternative is to use a different view, like List View, which will prevent multi-day events from looking like the repeat.

Is there a way to set this up so that when someone purchases the entire series package it will subtract 1 ticket from each of the individual events?

Unfortunately, there is no way to pool tickets together to share inventories at this time. We are in the midst of overhauling our ticketing framework and bundling tickets so they share a common inventory is something that will be part of it. I don’t have a specific timeframe I can provide for when this will be released, but I would say sometime in the first half of this year. That’s more personal speculation than a guarantee, though. šŸ™‚

I’m sorry I don’t have more of a concrete solution for you here, but does this at least help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Tony
    Participant

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Geoff

My pleasure! Feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up–we’d be happy to help. šŸ™‚

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to handle event series tickets’ is closed to new replies.