How to get the current event category ID and Event date in functions.php

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to get the current event category ID and Event date in functions.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Smiles
    Participant

I need to be able to pull the current event category ID of the current post and the event date (for a single day – /calendar/today/?action=tribe_event_day&tribe_event_display=day&tribe-bar-date=2017-12-06 ). I also need to know what variable I need to use to change that date when the AJAX call is made to go to the next or previous date. Do I need to use ‘tribe-bar-date’ and then use JavaScript to update the date?

Thank you in advance.

Kyle Smiles
    Participant

Just to clarify, I need to be able to pull the current event category ID for each event as it is creating the event list: while ( $day[‘events’]->have_posts() ) : $day[‘events’]->the_post(); endwhile;

Kyle Smiles
    Participant

Still trying to find an answer here … I really need to be able to pull the category id and the event date (single day) during while ( $day[‘events’]->have_posts() ) : $day[‘events’]->the_post(); endwhile; I can get away with not being able to have that in functions.php now. Please advise.

Kyle Smiles
    Participant

Never mind. I resolved this myself.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle,

I’m sorry for the delayed response here, but I’m glad to hear that you were able to get this figured out. I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else, please feel free to open up a new thread!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to get the current event category ID and Event date in functions.php’ is closed to new replies.