How to get all events to show in Map View without all events being listed below.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to get all events to show in Map View without all events being listed below.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Participant

I originally had an issue trying to get all my events to display in the Map view, but only have like 10 events in the list view. The was resolved using a bit of code from this other post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-get-all-events-to-show-in-map-view-without-all-events-being-listed-below/#dl_post-995725

After using this code for a few months, I have started noticing some events not showing up. Now probably 25%-35% of the events are actually appearing on the map view. Is there a way I can adjust this code to work properly?

Also, is there a HOOK that I can add some instructions above the map view, but only display on the main view and not on the individual events.

Thanks,
    Josiah

Nico

Hi Josiah,

Thanks for reaching out, and glad to help you out once again 🙂

From what I see in the code, this should work regardless the amount of events that you have in your site. Are you seeing more events in the list than in the map? Note that if two events are taking place on the same venue, the marks will overlap each other!

Also, is there a HOOK that I can add some instructions above the map view, but only display on the main view and not on the individual events.

Regarding this other question, you can hook to tribe_events_before_template and check if you are in Map view and echo the message. Just like this:

add_action ( 'tribe_events_before_template', 'map_view_instructions');

function map_view_instructions ( ) {
    if ( tribe_is_map() ) {
    echo 'Some instructions';
    }
    }

Please let me know if that works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to get all events to show in Map View without all events being listed below.’ is closed to new replies.